Comments (56)
mochachino  +   623d ago
I had no idea Wii U was doing that badly, it's not even close to PS3/360, what will it do when PS4/NeXbox release.

Nintendo needs some heavy hitters but even with it's big games, I feel Wii U will be more of a Gamecube than Wii in terms of sales

The casuals were unreliable and moved on to iOS/Android games. They're cheaper and often just as fun to them.
#1 (Edited 623d ago ) | Agree(30) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
classic200  +   623d ago
Wiiu wont be selling a lot during a time period where you have ni no kuni. A colorful jrpg for the whole family, nintendo might pick up at the end of the year though.
TheLyonKing  +   623d ago
ni no kuni for the whole family, its really hard if a 3 year old can play this and get full completetion I will be impressed
Clarence  +   623d ago
The Wii u wont be selling until a new Zelda and Mario comes out. Ni No Kuni has nothing to do with it.

The Wii u wasn't selling before the release of Ni No Kuni.
shackdaddy  +   623d ago
It'll pick up. No worries :)
LOL_WUT  +   623d ago
Can I please borrow your crystal ball? Since you happen to know the future ;)
lilbroRx  +   623d ago
There were no games released in January. As has been said for two months straight, people are just waiting for games to drop, for some a price drop as well. Nothing more.

The console will spike in sales when 1 of those 2 events transpire.
live2play  +   623d ago
so vita sells horribly compared to 3DS with its bigger library
oh umm... its because 3DS is cheaper wait till vita gets games!

wiiu cant surpass the cheaper ps360 with their bigger library of games
woa wiiu sucks its in trouble

you guys are pathetic

yea wait till the ps4 hits with its $450 price tag
that will show the wiiu!
#1.4 (Edited 623d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(14) | Report | Reply
NateCole  +   622d ago
Its VG Crap. Don't pay any attention to it.
mandf  +   623d ago
Ps3 really hitting it's stride.
Belking  +   623d ago
Doesn't look like it...lol Still behind xbox by almost 2 mil.
Seraphemz  +   623d ago
Do you know how to count?
AngelicIceDiamond  +   623d ago
I wouldn't even bother. Fanboys are still going by these numbers even though allot of people say its fake.

Last I checked MS has 75.9M consoles sold. All we heard from the PS3 was it shipped more units, hardly anything to go by.

I'm just sayin MS released real numbers to the public we're yet to hear from Sony.
TheLyonKing  +   623d ago
@AngeliclceDiamond Numbers shipped by sony are numbers sold so I think Sony are more interested in those fiqures.

Sony doesnt give their consoles to shops for free and then wait for peoploe to buy it.
WeAreLegion  +   623d ago
MS has 75.9 consoles SHIPPED. There is no way for MS to know how many consoles have been sold, realistically. They can only count shipped, like every other manufacturer. Shipped = sold because they SELL them to the stores.

It's not hard.
NastyLeftHook0  +   623d ago
i feel a little sorry for the vita, but the ps3 is spanking the competition as usual.
RTheRebel  +   623d ago
3ds is spanking ps3 =/
juandren  +   623d ago
He said "the competition". I didn't know the 3DS competed with the PS3? Must have missed the memo
CaptainN  +   623d ago
Last I checked they all compete for your time as a gamer, regardless if its portable or home console.So yes, 3DS does compete with PS3 and every other gaming device. At the end of the day these companies want you to play games on their device.
juandren  +   623d ago
By that logic, they're competing for the time I go out with my friends, drive around in my car, go to work, do shopping, watch a movie. 3DS is an on the go system. PS3 is a home console. While the time allocated to either might intertwine from time to time, for the most part they are very different in terms of when they are used.
Qrphe  +   623d ago
iPhone is spanking then.
MasterCornholio  +   622d ago
Well then according to your logic smartphone games are kicking the arse out of handhelds and consoles. I guess console gaming and handheld gaming is doomed then.
CaptainN  +   620d ago
Wow you guys all disagree but even Nintendo themselves have stated this. This is a fact, not opinion based. Nintendo has said in many interviews their products compete with all types of entertainment for your time. The more time you spend on their device the less time your spending on something else. So this would include portable or console. They want you to buy their products and to buy the software that goes with it. Being portable does not change the fact they want you to stick with them as your form of entertainment.

Please stop being dillusional people, put your pro Sony pitchforks away because this isn't about that. This is business 101, not trolling.
#3.2.4 (Edited 620d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Grim-Reality  +   623d ago
Great opening week for Ni No Kuni, and that's just for the US as well. I can see it possibly reaching the 1 mil sales mark when all is said and done.
Nathaniel_Drake  +   623d ago
hahah I'm one of those =)
sunnygrg  +   623d ago
Level 5 said they would consider a sequel if it sold well in the West. I hope they keep their word.
PHIBALNATION  +   623d ago
360 up by 1.6 million worldwide.
BattleAxe  +   623d ago
And down by 5.4 Million since launch.
whoyouwit04  +   623d ago
so I was watching monday night raw and saw a commercial saying the xbox 360 is now 99$ well I guess this console war is over, but just wondering why I haven't seen any stories on the price drop. or was it for the kenict maybe i need to recheck. nope just re watched the commercial and unless they made a major error the 360 is 99 bucks
#6 (Edited 623d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(18) | Report | Reply
torchic  +   623d ago
it's a subscription based model, just like how you pay your iPhone every month.

it still retails for $200-$250
#6.1 (Edited 623d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
whoyouwit04  +   623d ago
yea I know, but most people are probably not going to look at it that way. lets say you pay 99$ for the 360 and what 5$ a month for live over 2 years, most people will look at the small price as oppose to the full price. that's just how finger hut and rent to own furniture stores get people, but at least with this you are getting some kind of a deal with the 360, I guess. I'm not sure what the price is for a 360 cause I haven't bought one in years I still have my oringal lunge 360. and for any one goes nuts yes I did get RROD but I haven't had a problem out of it since I got it back from microsoft, that's why I say Sony fans are full of shit when they say they know people who bought 3 360's because of RROD.
#6.1.1 (Edited 623d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(14) | Report
torchic  +   622d ago
I would agree with you if it really was $5 a month but it's actually $15 a month, and people still fall for it instead of just saving.

and regarding RROD comment, lol dude.
Prodigy-X  +   623d ago
I think the PS3 has surpass the 360 but will find out when Sony release their numbers.
Urusernamesucks  +   622d ago
"when Sony release their numbers"

oh how biased/selfish
Prodigy-X  +   622d ago
MS already released their numbers were just waiting on Sony.
juandren  +   623d ago
If these numbers are accurate, PS3 is dominating the 360 in sales of nearly every multi-platform title they share
#8 (Edited 623d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Jobesy  +   623d ago
It would make sense, seeing how there are more PS3s on the market.
Karpetburnz  +   623d ago
Im waiting for Sony to release their official sales figures. If PS3 still hasnt overtaken Xbox 360 then im guessing the gap will be very tiny.
Ulf  +   623d ago
Okay, I have to say it.

VGChartz has undertracked the PS3 and PSP for years, and overtracked the Wii and DS for years.

I think it *might* be possible that the PS3 and Vita are actually doing a little better than VGC claims, and the Wii and 3DS are doing just a little worse.

They claim to have a small set of sources that they "infer" sales from -- I think those sources might just be a little "tainted" with too much Nintendo, and too little Sony -- probably because they are demographically mismatched. Sony tends to sell in urban areas, at game stores and urban department chains. Nintendo (and MS) tend to sell more in rural areas, and not quite as much at specialty stores. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that some sources might be demographically biased, with this info -- especially after VGC's need to correct Nintendo down, and Sony up, once about every three months for the past 7 years.
#10 (Edited 623d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Knushwood Butt  +   622d ago
CG Chartz is full of crap.

I'm almost certain their Japan figures are just made up, based on whatever Enterbrain and Media Create have come up with.

Convenient how their Japan figures only ever get released after the Enterbrain / MC data leaks.
GribbleGrunger  +   622d ago
It's not 'convenient', VGchartz use media create and famitsu. They also adjust their figures once the NPD is released. Once the actual figures come out for the full year from the companies, they adjust the figures once again. If they were just guessing all of the time, they'd have figures that would be wildly wrong, but as it happens, they're in the ball park. The problem is that VGChartz estimates how many of the 'shipped' consoles have sold in a certain week. they don't report shipped numbers, only sold. Once the shipped numbers are released, they look at the trends from previous years and determine the percentages, then they extrapolate those percentages, and come up with a ballpark figure. Of course they would also figure in the yearly drop rate depending on price, availability or even software.
#10.1.1 (Edited 622d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
Ulf  +   622d ago
@above,

The trouble is, they never seem to adjust their "formula", despite their mistakes being so consistent.

If they had never corrected their estimates over the years, they would probably have the PS3 at about 60M units right now, and the Wii over 110M.

That's my point -- their weekly estimates are *always* off, even if they fix up their lifetime estimates at a later date.
Knushwood Butt  +   622d ago
The funniest thing was their weekly 'Japan Preview' article, which was written by a guy with a huge pro-Nintendo bias.

Those articles were so off it was funny. I literally just used to read them for the laugh, and yet they continued for years, totally unchanged.

I swear they must have been getting their sales samples from the Nintendo HQ staff shop!

Every week, the figures in that preview would then be put to shame a few days later by the real figures from MC and Enterbrain.

Anyway, I think the guy that used to write those had an embarrassing bust up with one of the other writers and left the site.
danny818  +   623d ago
Huge blow if the ps4 and wiiU will have a price tag close to the wiiU. $400 say
nevin1  +   623d ago
When will the Wii reach the 100 million mark?

Go PSP
AdvanceWarsSgt  +   623d ago
WiiU is really under performing. I still say that Nintendo has done a piss poor job of marketing the thing, and so most consumers just think of the WiiU as an accesory bundle rather than as a successor to the Wii.
JenovaXD  +   623d ago
ni no kuni~!
Tewi-Inaba  +   623d ago
Animal Crossing sort of dying down abit now.
After selling well over 600k in it's 1st week, hitting 1mil it's second week and a good 9 or so weeks of selling 100k+ after that....
in Japan only.

This doesn't even count digital....
#15 (Edited 623d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   623d ago
With the Wii in such decline and the PS3 really tearing it up...I could see the PS3 winning this generation, given a couple more years of steady support from Sony, including a nice price cut. ;)
SandWitch  +   622d ago
Doubt that. PS3 numbers will most likely drop significantly after next-gen consoles release. It may get a lot closer, something by 10-15 mil, but there are pretty much no chance that PS3 will take over Wii.
ironmonkey  +   623d ago
wont matter 360 is done.
black911  +   622d ago
What would 360 sales be if RROD wasnt as serious? Also what if the PS3 YLOD was the same as RROD what would PS3 sales be? Because gamers like myself still have there launch Fat ps3's i know that everyone I know who has a PS3 hasnt had any problems.
#18 (Edited 622d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
pedroyamato  +   622d ago
Why everyone in this place seems lacking of memory?

Check how the ps3 was doing 3 months after being released?

130,000 units for ps3 against 280,000 against ps2. Actually ps3 (and xbox360) lost almost ALL the months against ps2 in 2007.

Probably I will get a lot of down votes since logic and numbers data is not acceptable in this website but this "wii u is doomed" shit should stop, cause besides it is getting really annoying it does not have ANY logic, just compare with the old systems and everyone here should understand that every platform takes sometimes to get a sales momentum.

Is wii u doomed or not? We gonna see after 5/6 years when all the next-gen consoles are mature on the market.
Hicken  +   622d ago
NONE of these systems are the PS2. The Wii was the closest, and even it's a distant second, seeing how it's fallen off. So trying to compare the Wii U's rate vs. current consoles against that of current consoles vs. the PS2 doesn't work.

Yeah, it DOES take some time, but this isn't what anyone was expecting. Well, it's not what Nintendo or their fans were expecting.

Just accept that the Wii U isn't doing very well. It's not outdoing the Vita by much, and don't you go out of your way to mention how poorly that system is doing?
maniacmayhem  +   622d ago
Shouldn't we wait for the WiiU to be out at least a year.

I mean I kept reading posts from you a while back on giving the Vita a year before we start proclaiming doom and gloom. But I guess since this isn't your console of choice then this person should just accept the WiiU isn't doing well.
DivineAssault  +   622d ago
MS is doomed if they dont make some major changes.. Without that year head start, i doubt nxbox will touch PS4 nx gen.. NA may continue to buy it but w/o the rest of the world doing the same, sony will crush them.. We will see what happens i guess.. Charging for online play, little to no exclusives, virtually DEAD in the east already, getting outsold in EU, etc..