Comments (31)
iamtehpwn  +   657d ago
Inb4 "I want Lightning Dead where is Versus"
DragonKnight  +   657d ago
Let's hope they succeed. Where is Versus?
Knight_Crawler  +   657d ago
Where da faq is Versus?

Stupid lightning >:(
Darrius Cole  +   657d ago
Where is versus?

That is all.
wishingW3L  +   657d ago
where's Versus anyway? Nobody gives a crap about Lightning, that's why after the first FF13 game the second one didn't even sold half of what the first one did.
#2 (Edited 657d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
jagstar44  +   657d ago
I don't get why versus is taking so long, there must be so many problems with it..
Zechs34  +   657d ago
Theres 3 huge problems with Versus.

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lightning Returns: FFXIII

Lets see what the next excuse is.
iamtehpwn  +   657d ago
This is of course, one of the things that people don't consider about long development cycles. Typically, it means there's been a long problematic development cycle that hasn't been easily resolved. If you ever read XIII's development history, it was also long and problematic. Considering Versus was started at around the same time..it wouldn't be too difficult believe if the same was true.

Trust me, no developer plans for, wants, or intentionally holds a game back for a 7+ year development cycle especially when it's highly anticipated.
#3.2 (Edited 657d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
GenericNameHere  +   657d ago
This is why sometimes, we just gotta let go and accept that a certain game is exclusive. It takes time and resources to work on both consoles, and the maximum efficiency can't be achieved since the developer is focusing on two or more platforms at once. I'm not saying FFXIII (or any other game for that matter) would be a masterpiece if it stayed exclusive. Lets take a look at a few games that used to be exclusive, but became not so great when going multiplat. (No explanations needed)
-Devil May Cry 4
-Bioshock 2
-Mass Effect 3 (well, the game itself was pretty good. It's just that more thought could have been put into the ending if they focused all the work on the Xbox 360)
zerocrossing  +   657d ago
There has been many problems with versus, and they are FF XIII, FF XIII-2 and FF XIII Lightning returns...
Summons75  +   657d ago
Or it's been a little over 3 years in development and a really huge project and those don't just grow on trees.... But blind hate and impatience is really huge in the "fans" of final fantasy aka the people who had only played 7 maybe 8 and 9 (but hated those too) but definitely 10 and loved that but not nearly as much as 7.
DragonKnight  +   657d ago
It's really interesting that your take on DmC is completely different than your take on the FF13 trilogy.
Root  +   656d ago
@DragonKnight

I know right...J-blaze is the same

How can you like FF13 but hate dmc...they are both crappy games which have been ruined.

Summons75 ever thought people feel the same toward FF that they do with the horrible new dmc game. Think about how your upset about that, it's the same with FF fans
#3.4.2 (Edited 656d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report
Godmars290  +   657d ago
Given that it was announced at the same time as XIII, when really no one had a clue one what they were doing, I'm saying insurmountable production issues. That or Wada has been insisting on making it multi which will likely change what''s already been shown, so the whole insurmountable thing again.
AznGaara  +   657d ago
They haven't been able to work on the game because members of that team have often been pulled to work on FF13, 13-2 and now this.
PS4isKing_82  +   657d ago
Square enix is most likely porting it over to ps4. This gen is all but over after this year. With lightning returns and ff14 due out this year, I highly doubt they would still launch it on ps3 when new consoles will be out by then.
Plus it would erase the mistakes they made this whole gen and start next gen off with a bang!
bayonetta  +   657d ago
Just Kill the game so you can finish Versus -_-"
GenericNameHere  +   657d ago
You know, instead of decreasing members, why not INCREASE them? Lightning is the ONLY character playable? Excuse my language, but I think that is FREAKING LAME! What happened to a full playable cast, and getting to know more about them? What happened to using each of your team's moves to beat the crap out of an enemy? What happened to CG cutscenes used? What happened to the world map? I didn't really hate FFXIII because the game had a party of 6. They were a band of misfits. All 6 of them didn't get together into a full party until almost the last part of Chapter 10, but the game still had a full party. Did I forget to mention FFXIII has a full party, cause that's definitely a party.

What I'm trying to say is that I want a full party of 6 or more, just like in almost every other main FF game. I would be fine with just Lightning if the play style changed to something like Versus XIII, but it's using the playstyle from the Lightning DLC. If the game really wants real-time like the game was touted as, then SE should just use KH's gameplay, instead of having to go to a battle scene.

At least with FFvXIII, it's going for a real-time action approach, a la KH, and still has party members involved.
Hicken  +   657d ago
Wow.

Not one of these comments above me has anything to do with the article, except for the basic mentioning of the game involved.

Would anybody be willing to bet me that not ONE gets marked as "Off Topic?"

Personally, I don't want to read it. It's got story-related info, and I don't want anything spoiled.
DragonKnight  +   657d ago
That's because interest is more in Versus than in this game. Everyone knows that this game's existence put Versus on hold.

@Rex below: Nomura was pulled from Versus to work on the character designs for Lightning Returns. The rest of Versus' team is working on FFXIV and Lightning Returns.
#7.1 (Edited 657d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
N4GDgAPc  +   657d ago
@DragonKnight

Not all versus team is pulled off. Its still being developed.
elda  +   655d ago
@Hicken.....AGREED!!!It's so tiring going into a normal anti-bashing article about a game that some people are interested in & want to read & share postive information about LR-FFXIII & all you see are negative rants about the game that they supposedly have no interest in or talking about FFvsXIII....this article mentions nothing about FFvsXIII,I want new information about it also but there isn't & I could go on about the reasons why but this is a article about LR-FFXIII,I liked FF-XIII & I'm very interested in this game but the USA probably won't see it until late this year or early next year.People that don't care or have any interest in LR-FFXIII should stay out of these forums spewing their negative rants,nobody interested in this game wants to read that BS!
#7.3 (Edited 655d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Rex_Aeternae  +   657d ago
Okay so not to be considered "off-topic here" I think that having a group in the game (comprised of humans who may or may not be following a fal'cie) that wish to kill you is pretty interesting.

Okay now to talk about versus. Versus is being created by a different team and so the other Final Fantasy XIII games have little effect even when the Versus team helps a tad. This help is definitely not enough to delay Versus here is the article I found http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...
#8 (Edited 657d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
R_aVe_N  +   657d ago
I wanted her dead after the first one XD
BoNeSaW23  +   657d ago
Kill. Lightning. NOW, SQUARE!.

MOVE ON! DAMMIT!.
#10 (Edited 657d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Inception  +   657d ago
Hopefully the rebel succes and there's no XIII-4. Enough with this game.
Bellcross  +   657d ago
Who doesn't want her dead?..

get it done rebels....get it done.
Darrius Cole  +   657d ago
All these sequels to FF13 and they are not even cleaning up the original story. The end of FF13 was a hot mess. But SE is just trying to milk the name rather than provide some clarity, answers and proper closure to the story.
tiffac008  +   656d ago
All I can say is they better make a better/good ending this time. The lousy ending (none Paradox) to set up this sequel kind of killed the fun of FFXIII-2 for me.
Root  +   656d ago
I hope they succeed
Climhazzard  +   655d ago
I wish them the best of luck.