Comments (40)
gaminoz  +   665d ago
Stupid names for both of them, with both of them having protagonists people don't like....

But DMC seems more to my taste as far as environments and concept.
#1 (Edited 665d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(38) | Report | Reply
Whitefeather  +   665d ago
Raiden isn't on the level of dislike as Donte. He is at least an original character with depth. Donte is just an abomination of what was once an awesome character.
TheBatman_Fanatic  +   665d ago
It's Dante, not "Donte".
VsAssassin  +   665d ago
@TheBatman_Fanatic, Donte it is since his name is pronounce this way now. And I'm sure you already know this. Right?
DeusExer  +   665d ago
I thought the sword techniques were awesome in Revengeance from what I played at the EB Expo, but might get old after a while.

Both two different games IMO and I'll reserve judgement until I play both.
RyuX19  +   665d ago
It doesn't get old. I've got about 5 hours on the MGR demo alone.
Chuk5  +   665d ago
Idont know what it is, but something about Rising doesn't do it for me. I think Platinum is one of the best devs this gen, but Rising looks like it's lacking polish in a weird way, but I want to try out the demo. Platinum almost never fails, so i'll reserve judgement. I enjoyed the DmC demo though.
gaminoz  +   665d ago
The whole look turns me off. Not sure why though...except Raiden has never appealed
gaminoz  +   665d ago
God of War should the the slasher of 2013?
#4 (Edited 665d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
BadCircuit  +   665d ago
true
GenoZStriker  +   665d ago
It probably is going to be. God of War Ascension, just based off what they've showed us so far, looks more polished, fluid and smoother than DmC and MGR. The God of War games have critically also performed better than any game Platinum Games or Ninja Theory have developed. Story wise it's also the least ridiculous one.
#4.2 (Edited 665d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
prototypeknuckles  +   665d ago
that is true, while kratos is a very over angry character, the story in god of war at least makes sense and feels epic, though for me the gameplay is a little too buttonmashy, but if some of those rumors from DmC are true like vergil turning into a dinosaur(LMFAO, oh god i hope that was fake) then yeah DmC just got a lot worse.
#4.2.1 (Edited 665d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report
Neckbear  +   665d ago
At least in a mainstream way. But God of War games have never been particularly engrossing for me, the gameplay in those games is incredibly simple (as in "mash square and roll occasionally" simple) and seeing it become the genre's primary example is kind of...sad. Especially because more games aspire to be like it and copy its gameplay to some degree, which I just don't enjoy at all. At least not as much as DMC4's or Bayonetta's.
#4.3 (Edited 665d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
GenericNameHere  +   665d ago
The games may not have twitch-finger reflexes and perfect pixel combos, but the games are still pretty good. It's kind of like RPGs nowadays. JRPGs (not all,but alot were) used to be King of RPGs, having great story, great characters, great setting, and longevity/replay value. Now, WRPGs are taking over, and the developers who used to develop great JRPGs (cough* Final Fantasy *cough*) are now taking cues from WRPGs (which is by no means a bad thing), and making JRPGs more westernized. I admit I've button smashed in every hack-and-slash game and won. I've even button smashed in God of War III's Titan difficulty and beat it. But that does not mean God of War is a bad game, and is certainly fine for other games to try and copy it, maybe not just for the gameplay, but the mood, setting, characters, etc.
#4.3.1 (Edited 665d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report
Proeliator  +   665d ago
Really looking forward to Rising... not so much DMC.
Hanso  +   664d ago
same for me!
Sevir  +   665d ago
excited for both.
Both will be excellent! I can't wait for both.
j-blaze  +   664d ago
god you're so fake and pathetic

on topic: but of course, 2 great Japanese devs "KojiPro and Platinum" are making the game i mean duh 一_一
Dark11  +   665d ago
DmC has a great level design , but everything else looks average. maybe i will get it used.

as for MGR it's looks Amazing! , Day 1 for me.
GenoZStriker  +   665d ago
This is very simple, if you want a combo centric game, you go for DmC. If you want a fast high-intense parry/counter game, MGR would be your choice. If you like both, you get both.
CrescentFang  +   665d ago
I totally agree with you... MGR does not seem very focused on combos as compared to just plain fast action
RyuX19  +   665d ago
I approve of this article and there needs to be more articles like this.
#9 (Edited 665d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
prototypeknuckles  +   665d ago
DmC=rent so i can review for n4g and possibly youtube.
MGR revengeance=i cant buy it day 1, may not have the money, but ill definatly be buying this, around launch.
League_of_Draven  +   665d ago
It's not.
cferretrun  +   665d ago
Never really got into the MSG games, even on NES to Playsation, PSP and forward. I'll be picking up DmC though. :>
BadCircuit  +   665d ago
MGS 4 was awesome. I didn't really get into the others either. And the soap opera cut scenes turned me off.
CrescentFang  +   665d ago
Then maybe you'll like Ghost Babel on the Game Boy?
Blacktric  +   665d ago
-Can't even spell MGS right.
-LEL I'll get the DmC though xDxDDDD

How surprising.
Ravenor  +   665d ago
Or it was a typo? I'm sure he doesn't think the game is named Metal Solid Gear.
cferretrun  +   663d ago
Mistakes happen, sweetheart. I don't snipe them out and degrade myself as a human being by tearing another down. (:
Blacktric  +   663d ago
But you sure do try hard to degrade another down by using the word "sweetheart".

";)"

Try to type a little less hastily next time when someone insults your favorite "not even released yet" game.
PS4isKing_82  +   665d ago
lol just mg rising? HA! any game is better than this new dmc.
Inception  +   665d ago
Isn't that obvious? Rising will crush DmC in terms of gameplay and story. Platinum (with help from Kojipro) knew how to pleased hardcore gamer who loved deep gameplay with high difficulty. For DmC, too bad, if this game made by Platinum i will buy it too. But NT made it and the result from the demo & trailers it looks slow, enemy's AI beyond stupid, and full of frame skip.

Btw, GoW Ascension and Lord of Shadows 2 looks more promising than DmC. So i will buy Rising, Ascension, and LoS 2 for my hack & slash requirement ^^ And maybe Anarchy Reigns if my wallet still alive >.<
#14 (Edited 665d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Hanso  +   664d ago
yeah i too will get rising anarchy reigns gow ascencion and LoS2
dmc can rot in hell
Kenshin_BATT0USAI  +   664d ago
From playing both demos I can safely say Rising has MUCH MORE depth in gameplay, and is much faster paced. Both of which are my preference when it comes to action games. Although I did find it a bit on the easy side. However, DmC's demo was a joke difficulty-wise so whatever.
SovereignSnaKe  +   664d ago
-Oh just wait until after DmC releases, give them 24 hours and all the whiny, religious, a-holes will have forgotten about it and move onto their next witch burning. Rising is just being eclipsed for the moment, but given today's attention spans among most internet fiends, the hate mongering for Rising will start rolling in on January 16th.
#16 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
VileAndVicious  +   664d ago
why are you always bringing up the topic of religion into video game discussions?
TRU3_GAM3R  +   664d ago