Comments (29)
donniebaseball  +   661d ago
That's a horrible attach rate. And didn't Nintendo say they were expecting something like 4 games per Wii U?
theindiearmy  +   661d ago
1. Technically Nintendo Land should be counted, even though this article didn't feel it necessary to.

2. Digital sales were also not counted, this article didn't even feel it necessary to mention that, which is just poor journalism. It's even worst that these so-called analyst feel no need to analyze such data. With the Deluxe Digital Promotion going on, coupled with the fact that nearly all the titles are available on the eShop, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual attach rate was well over 2.0.

With 510,000 pieces of software sold. 425,000 Wii U systems sold, let's say that 80% were deluxe (I heard it was closer to 85%, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt). That's 340,000 Deluxe versions sold. Add that 340,000 to 510,000 for the Nintendo Land that is included and you get 850,000 pieces of software. This gives us a more accurate attachment rate of exactly 2.0. Since we don't have numbers for digital sales we can't get a definite rate with those included, but it will obviously be even higher.
#1.1 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
neogeo  +   661d ago
Fantastic job with the damage control:)
lilbroRx  +   661d ago
Thanks you for bringing facts into the equation. We know how much haters lover those. Especially when they are not convenient for their bashing.
AO1JMM  +   661d ago
I purchased 3 myself. 2 retail and 1 eshop
zillanoir  +   661d ago
I have 5... four eshop and nintendo land.
zillanoir  +   661d ago
Actually i purchased 6 from the eshop without including Nintendoland. Assassins creed 3, Nano assault neo, Might switch force, New super mario bros U, ZombiU and Trine 2 Directors cut. The only physical disc i own is the pack in Nintendoland. If you want to game with me on wiiu or ps3 friend invite me on them. My wiiu id is "zilla_noir" and my psn id is "blackstroke4"
WPX  +   661d ago
I have four now: Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Nano Assault and Mighty Switch Force. Still undecided what to pick first of these three: NSMBU, COD BLOPS 2 or Assassin's Creed 3
zillanoir  +   661d ago
i wouldve gotten cod blops2 if it was availabe in the eshop! ahem Nintendo!
t0mmyb0y  +   661d ago
I have 4 retail already smh. It just came out lol
rainslacker  +   661d ago
4 on launch, and 4 on pre-order through the middle of next year. Will probably pick up a few more as they get price drops in that time as well.

It's the most games I've ever brought with a new system.
#1.2.6 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
MariaHelFutura  +   661d ago
I would say for a system launch this is pretty normal, most people only pick up 1-2 games when they get a new system at launch. With that said I imagine Nintendo would like 2 or higher.
#1.3 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   661d ago
How is it horrible when the system just launched? You expect people to buy 4+ games with every console? Do you know how much consumers would be paying in total for that? I doubt even you would buy 4 games priced at $60 and a console all at once lol.
#1.4 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sinner101GR  +   661d ago
These guys aren't doing much to sell games it seems. Wii was wayyyyy higher.
Wintersun616  +   661d ago
What does it even matter this early after Wii U's release? The number will be going higher as more games are released.
#3 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
rainslacker  +   661d ago
Typically a system release has a higher attach rate in the first couple months, as a lot of people do buy at least 2 games with a new system. These numbers seem way to low to be accurate, even if it's not counting digital. They also didn't count NintendoLand, which isn't normally the way you'd do this, since pack in games are considered sold on the bottom line.
WeAreLegion  +   661d ago
Most of them are Christmas gifts, so they bought the deluxe version with Nintendo Land. I'm sure the attach rate will increase after Christmas.
BanBrother  +   661d ago
Agreed.

And as many people have already stated, this isn't inclusing digital sales and Nintendo Land.

Curiously, does anyone know the attach rate of the PS3 and 360? Will bubble up for finding it out.
WeAreLegion  +   661d ago
They haven't released current figures, but the 360 and PS3 have gotten closer and closer to each other.

shiningpen   661d ago | Spam
jmc8888  +   661d ago
Still early. Not everyone buys their games at once. The November numbers sort of is representative of well, 12 or so days worth of software sales. When after that there are still 24 more days before xmas. (then when alot of systems are opened, people will THEN buy games...or parents...not exactly knowing what games to buy...will let their children choose after xmas).

The real results will come when Nintendo reports it's earnings for Q4 2012 and Q1 2013.

Way too early to claim 'attachment' rate. It's sort of like saying the economy has recovered because we bailed out the banks and they are hiding all the stuff that makes them completely insolvent off the books.

Yeah also forgot about the digital game sales.
#6 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
jakmckratos  +   661d ago
WHen you figure people DID buy 4 games per system that means some people didn't even buy any..what in the hell are people doing with a console and no games??? Unless they plan on selling it around Xmas tim for a profit
meganick  +   661d ago
What a coincidence. I personally bought 1.2 games when I purchased my Wii U.
#8 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ShaunCameron  +   661d ago
I guess once again it goes to show that only Nintendo-made/published games sell on Nintendo's consoles.
DivineAssault  +   661d ago
Thats cuz theres virtually no core exclusives..
Triggytrolls  +   661d ago
No offence, but after spending £300 on the console (Black one) I don't have enough money for extra games, well not straight away anyway.

Buying 4 games is an added £170-180 :/

I will probably buy Trine 2, and then get ZombiU and Mario U a little bit later. Sorry Nintendo, you'll have to wait.
#11 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Knushwood Butt  +   661d ago
Is it 300 quid in the UK?

Wow.....
Triggytrolls  +   661d ago
Yups, that's about $480
tweet75  +   661d ago
well im not buying shovelware or games I already got on other consoles with slight improvements so that leaves super mario wii u.