Comments (30)
-Mika-   664d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(3)
TranceXTheory   664d ago | Personal attack | show
Gamer78  +   664d ago
Mika, why are you even reading anything regarding Nintendo. You clearly don't like them and have a huge bias towards them, so do yourself a favor and go blog on a PS360 site. No offense but your takes are getting ridiculous.
daclynk  +   664d ago
just ignore Mika, all he does is just troll on all nintendo articles here on N4G.
Skate-AK  +   664d ago
99% sure Mika is a girl.
ChronoJoe  +   664d ago
You mean a huge bias against them but yeah.
Gamer78  +   664d ago
To the author, while it may be an inconvenience, it is not that big of a deal, and will most likely be tweaked in the near future. A lot of "Core" gamers are playing at those times anyway, so why not just do your stuff then? Again, it is a pain, but should not be a deal breaker. My larger problem with any digital game purchases is the fact that you don't receive any break on the price of the game. These articles are just piling on Nintendo and it is getting kind of old.
iamnsuperman  +   664d ago
What??? No it's a valid criticism of Nintendo choices. I know Students would be pissed as that was my waking hours.

Jokes aside the fact is this happens to all accounts is quite poor. The point of selecting your age is so you can see content that is suitable. Nintendo should have just put a child lock on it so adults can choose what there kids see (pins to unlock certain content has been around for years). Its not a deal breaker but its absolutely bad idea on Nintendo's part. What are they doing. They should scrap this and go with what everyone else has been doing for years and have parental lock.
#4.1 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Zhipp  +   664d ago
I like Nintendo, but there's just no way to justify this. If you submitted your age as 18+, you should be able to watch and download whatever you want, whenever you want. As it is, they give you, an adult who has every right to access this content, only 4 HOURS in the middle of the night to make purchases, watch trailers, and download demos. That's absolutely ridiculous! It may not be a complete dealbreaker, but that's way too much of an inconvenience to be overlooked, and, if I lived in Europe, I would not go near the console until Nintendo rectifies this.
#4.2 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
jay2  +   664d ago
This should be illegal, what the hell's going on here! Nintendo, you're last few consoles might have been aimed at babies, but you need to let the audlts DL when they want.
Taibo  +   663d ago
I agree, this is a joke
cee773  +   664d ago
Curfew anyone

Nintendo still can't get with the times this has been going on since SNES I remember mk lacking blood and certain fatalities compared to genesis

Nintendo takes too many precautions.
#6 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FlairSomewhere  +   663d ago
Yeah, that's why they published Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.
Try harder.
Cam977  +   664d ago
I can see this being an issue. While I do agree with it partly, I also disagree due to it being awfully biased against the hardcore gamers that enjoy 18+ rated content.
GraveLord  +   664d ago
I don't understand why these people are being marked as trolling. Mika is telling the truth. Nintendo puts kids above everything else, they've always done it. If you don't like it, don't get a Wii U. I know I'm not.
USEYOURFIST  +   663d ago
erm how are people defending this! Ive brought one for my son for xmas and would i have no doubt brought some 'adult' content from the eshop just to give it a try, but i go to bed before 11pm as i have an early start in the morning and im sure im the the only parent gamer who goes to bed before that. They WILL lose sales from this, its stupid, they should just have a parental lock or something, or just leave the responsibiliy in the hands of the parents. Is the browser restricted aswell?
stuntman_mike  +   663d ago
they do the same on 3ds, it's aggravating to say the least especially since I'm over the required age.

I thought we put our age and details in so we wouldn't have to go through all this censoring crap.
BattleTorn  +   663d ago
What a fucking joke!

Couldn't they have added this as a parental-control feature?

To blanket everyone, and let no one buy mature content outside the 11pm-3am - is goddamn asinine!

Seriously!!?! Movie-theatres play 18+movies all-day, movie-rentals rent mature content all throughout the day. Gamestores sell mature content all throughout the day.

Why is Nintendo making their eShop a kiddy-zone for 20hrs of the day?

Are they going to start restricting WHEN I can play these games too?
SonyNGP  +   663d ago
"Thank you for your inquiry. At Nintendo we always aim to provide a safe gaming experience for fans of all ages and ensure that we comply with applicable legal age restriction requirements across Europe.

Legal age restriction requirements vary across a number of European countries. Since Nintendo of Europe is based in Germany, Nintendo eShop is complying with German youth protection regulation which therefore applies to all our European markets. Under German law, content rated 18+ must be made available only at night.
Therefore the accessibility of 18+ content in Nintendo eShop is limited to [USK: 22:00 UTC until 4:00 UTC] [PEGI: 23:00 UTC until 3:00 UTC].

Can't argue with law. Sucks for EU gamers :c
#12 (Edited 663d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jmc8888  +   663d ago
Yep, see that what I was talking about. Nintendo of Europe is in Germany, and you know how Germany is with games.

Blame Germany, not Nintendo.

I swear can people think, or do they just resort to the memes told to them?

Funny when you know the SHTF in real life, everyone will cling to their favorite version of propaganda.

Man are we screwed.
YoungPlex  +   663d ago
Wow that's weird, I just got off of the eShop literally a second ago, logged on n4g from my Wii U, and am confirming that you CAN indeed access and purchase M rated content from the eShop... I wounder if this is an isolated incident or a region problem. Here in the US I'm able to purchase any M rated content at any time!
DivineAssault  +   663d ago
Wow.. Thats ridiculous but shows that nintendo is indeed geared toward a younger crowd.. If it werent, PSN/XBL would have the same restrictions
jmc8888  +   663d ago
Well if people took a step back, it has to do with EUROPE. Not a worldwide Nintendo thing.

Must have something to do with EU or specific nation laws.

Maybe they haven't fleshed out all the details. You know how some games can't be played in certain countries. Who knows. Though people should maybe be a little less sensitive when you realize it isn't stopping you from playing your own games, just not allowing you to view them in store and buying it.

Seems weird all around, and I think there's more behind the story that we don't understand yet.
#15 (Edited 663d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PirateThom  +   663d ago
Sony, Microsoft, Valve, EA and everyone else has, thus far, avoided this issue so, no, I think it's just Nintendo doing something completely insane.
Triggytrolls  +   663d ago
But I'm 25 years old Nintendo!! dafuck.

If parents are buying the WiiU for their kids, there should be parental controls in place to stop kids from viewing 18+ content.

Don't force your bs rules on all of us.
#16 (Edited 663d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply