Comments (43)
Moonman  +   762d ago
Good lord. And first AND third party getting love. :)
#1 (Edited 762d ago ) | Agree(23) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Godchild1020  +   762d ago
I'm one of them and in about 4 days I will be an owner of one.
guitarded77  +   762d ago
I'm one too, but my GameStop is not having a midnight launch, and rumor is that none are due to corporate's concerns over safety. They don't want 20 people waling out of the store at midnight with $500 worth of console/game/accessories. I don't know why they just don't have a cop do security... it's like $35 and hour for a cop to patrol and there talking about each store making $10,000 in one hour. I e-mailed GameStop and let them know it's crappy. I offered the kid at GameStop a $40 tip if he'd let me have it today... he said there's no way he could because of the stupid computer system.

#1.1.1 (Edited 762d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report
FlairSomewhere  +   762d ago
Then go in when they open?

Safety is going to be an issue either way, that's such a lame excuse.

I've seen people fight over Skylanders figurines in broad daylight in my time at Toys R Us.
#1.1.2 (Edited 762d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report
fatstarr  +   761d ago
The line for call of duty was crazy in my neighborhood.
it was longer than the gas lines (post new york after sandy)
and voting lines combined

they had 3 cop cars and the whole complex blocked off and there still was a bunch of violence.

and people just loose thier minds now adays when theres mobs of people waiting in line.
tehpees3  +   762d ago
It shouldn't be a surprise. This is a core gamer's console. It was obvious CoD and AC would sell because they are big games and Wii U has the novelty of them being on a "new" console. People are becoming bored of PS3 and 360 and it is time for new tech.
fatstarr  +   761d ago
Im so sad I wont beable to own one for quite sometime, I got a wii by luck when It first came out. But I shall try.
LX-General-Kaos  +   762d ago
This is very good news for Nintendo

Many more than anyone including myself had probably expected. At this rate things are looking great for the future of third party offerings and exclusives in the future for the Nintendo Wii U entertainment system. Hopefully keeping many developers on board. As a consumer and fan, I could not ask for greater news. Looking forward to more positive results.

Rated E For Everyone
#2 (Edited 762d ago ) | Agree(25) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
ufo8mycat   762d ago | Personal attack | show
Ilovetheps4  +   762d ago
On Sunday, the Wii U will be mine. I can't wait. I will be getting it along with ZombiU.
Zodiac  +   762d ago
Great news. Wii U will be a very successful console.
imXify  +   762d ago
Black Ops 2 on it for me so I can continu to shoot with my dear wiimote. Wanted the new Mario but no online coop...meeh
quantae06  +   762d ago
Yep! When I buy BO2 for the Wii U it will be the first COD game I get to play with the Wiimote. :D
Dno  +   762d ago
this means nuthin. ps3 was sold at at start also. people got shot for it. how will it keep up in 2 years? the wii had the worst game library of all time IMO definitly of the 3 consoles this gen.

Wii u needs to keep it up with the software.
ronin4life  +   762d ago
I think the strong showing so far says a lot. They will keep up.

As for the Wii, it lacked the multiplatform titles, but in exclusives it was very strong depending on who you ask. I personally thought it was great.
Ilovetheps4  +   762d ago
Do you remember how many PS3's were shipped to the U.S. for launch? A grand total of 500,000 units. Gamestop has sold preorders for 1.2 million Wii U consoles on their own.
LX-General-Kaos  +   762d ago
Voted for Helpful
Griffin4871  +   762d ago
You have won internet points, my friend.
Wolfbiker  +   762d ago
No Wii U has 1.2 million SOFTWARE preorders
nerdkiller  +   762d ago
you got served
PopRocks359  +   762d ago
You know that wolf whistle people do when they're impressed? Yeah, I just did that.
#7 (Edited 762d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ninjabake  +   762d ago
Impressive. Almost surprising considering the lack of heavy advertising but great news for Nintendo nonetheless.
BattleAxe  +   762d ago
Welp, looks like the hardest of core Nintendo fans have their pre-orders in.
ALLWRONG  +   762d ago
That's a lot of core Nintendo fans, more than the 360 and PS3.
Gamer-Z  +   762d ago
I pre-ordered mine as soon as Gamestop started taking them and yes i love Nintendo so suck it x)
#9.2 (Edited 762d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
deafdani  +   762d ago
I don't see why you got so many disagrees, I guess everyone took it as a personal attack. I personally didn't take any offense with your post: I'm a big Nintendo fan, I preordered my Wii U, and what you stated is probably fact.

The PS4 and Xbox 720 are also going to sell out on preorders after they're announced, and, exactly like the Wii U, a big reason for them selling out will be the biggest Sony / Microsoft fans that want those consoles day one.

It's just logic.
AO1JMM  +   762d ago
Any Gamestop preorders being processed yet?
The_Tr0ll17  +   762d ago
1.2 million suckers!
live2play  +   762d ago
im 1 of those suckers

im a sucker for a great time playing vidya gaems
deafdani  +   762d ago
SUCKERS REPRESENT!!!

\o
SegaKnuckles86  +   762d ago
Haha, suck on this one Wii U haters, you very vocal .000002% of all gamers worldwide.
#12 (Edited 762d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ALLWRONG  +   762d ago
I wonder what number I am
nerdkiller  +   762d ago
looks like ps4 and nextbox are going too come out with a tablet controller too. anything nintendo takes the risk on and pays off is copied by competitors.

ps i own a ps3 and will own a wii u
StrawHatGamer  +   762d ago
Do you guys think I can pick up a Wii U at a major retailer by just going at midnight without a Pre-order?
The_Infected  +   762d ago
I highly doubt it. The only way would be if someone didn't pick up a pre order and you was the first in line to get it. I'm in the same boat! I want one so bad:(
PopRocks359  +   762d ago
It never hurts to check. There's always that rare chance of finding an extra.
Steven21  +   762d ago
You can get on a waiting list at GameStop for When they come available. I have my deluxe preordered and I'm numbers 1&2 on the waiting list for my local GameStop. Hopefully I can make a pretty penny off those 2 even though I wouldn't mind having one in my bedroom along with living room
Ilovetheps4  +   762d ago
Keep an eye out for Kmart. I know it isn't the nicest store, but the Kmart by my house isn't taking preorders on the Wii U. It's on a first come first serve basis.
YoungPlex  +   762d ago
Can't wait till Sunday!
MegaLagann  +   762d ago
Great news. I honestly don't know why people are surprised though. We've been through this how many time now? Nintendo announces new hardware, people claim it'll fail and Nintendo is doomed, system literally prints money, rinse and repeat. You'd think by now people would expect this. And hell if it's completely sold out now, wait until Black Friday comes around and parents try to get one for their kids and they find out it's sold out. It'll be a frenzy just like the Wii. I honestly think Wii U could be a bigger hit than the Wii.

Another good sign is the top five most pre-ordered Wii U games are majority third party. The problem with third party support on a Nintendo system is that third parties don't want to compete with Mario and Pokemon, so they rather not even bother (see pretty much every Nintendo system after the SNES). But as you can see, it appears more people are interested in ZombiU and Scribblenauts than Mario and Nintendo Land. Maybe this is a sign of a good relationship between Nintendo and third parties? Wii U's future is looking bright.
Drainage  +   762d ago
The 3DS and Wii U are a few days away from taking over the gaming industry.
#18 (Edited 762d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
lfclee  +   762d ago
Wiiu is a breath of fresh air, we need the wiiu.
metroidfusion2  +   761d ago
@MegaLaganm Exactly lol but people in general are just stupid