Comments (63)
Masane   807d ago | Spam
GribbleGrunger  +   806d ago
Interesting. Nice to see that the store will change depending on what the fanbase ask for... might just pop over to the official blog occasionally just so that I can say I contributed lol

note: The headline reads 'Every month' but the quote says 'Could be every two months'. Just like to keep things real.
#2 (Edited 806d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
LostDjinn  +   806d ago
The store being created using html5 will make it easy for all platforms to get in on the action. PS3, Vita, phone, you name it. Now all they have to worry about is content.

Seriously Sony, bring the content.

Edit: No really. I don't give a #@&% about how it looks. It's what's in there that's the deciding factor in me making a purchase.
#3 (Edited 806d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
Sony really should take a good look at there marketing starting now. It is their Achilles' heel.

"Going forward we’re hopeful that every month, or every couple of months at worst, we’ll be dropping in new features, updates, changes and so forth,” Elliot added. “That will be a process which is a dialogue with the fanbase.”

They sound like valve. I like that they are beggining to open up there console for user influence.
#3.1 (Edited 806d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
LostDjinn  +   806d ago
I agree. The rather large foot they put in the PR departments' ass was a good start, but marketing's more then just PR.

Edit: I agree that taking a few cues from valve is a good thing too. (Damn your edits!!)
#3.1.1 (Edited 806d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(5) | Report
violents  +   806d ago
I agree the marketing is a problem, have you ever looked at the mini's, i've never even seen a commercial for any of them or anything. Honestly i don't want any of them because most are just stupid flash games that you could play on a phone but still, there is a lot of content in the store you never hear about.
EliteDave93  +   806d ago
To be able to leave a comment on every purchased thing would be awesome.
#4 (Edited 806d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Snookies12  +   806d ago
Also, I really hope they have screenshots for every game in the store like the Japanese PSN has had FOREVER.... It's really nice to be able to see some pictures of a game before you decide to buy it.
Kennytaur  +   806d ago
And it would be nice if they let us watch the preview videos in HD.
violents  +   806d ago
most games have preview button in the purchase screen and some have actual vidoes instead of just screen shots.
Snookies12  +   806d ago
@steverhude - Yeah, but it takes it a minute to load up a preview, and screenshots are just right there in the description so you can take a quick glance. It's just a nice feature I think should be implemented outside of the Japanese PSN is all.
baodeus  +   806d ago
what they need is to have everything (dlc, contents, screenshots, video, demo, info) link together in one spot when you look up a specific game in whatever category (demo, all ps3 games,etc...)

Cause as of right now, you have to jump around from one category to another just to get more information on a specific game (a lot of them don't even have any information).
Cam977  +   806d ago
Good.
mushroomwig  +   806d ago
When I think back to when I first bought my PlayStation 3, I just can't believe how much has changed since then. We've certainly come a long way from the web browser store and no in-game XMB.
#6 (Edited 806d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
FACTUAL evidence  +   806d ago
Damn, you're right. In game xmb...aaahhh I'd never forget that day.I was ready with my copy of mgs4, slowly waiting for the trophy update. Lol. Wow though...in game xmb was like the last incredible ps3 feature IMO.
telekeneticmantis  +   806d ago
Would love to see
some Gaikai stuff
Mr-Dude  +   806d ago
I would like to see Netflix or HULU for EU... or Paypal...
#8 (Edited 806d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
josephayal  +   806d ago
Best Online Service on any Console
thehusbo  +   806d ago
100%
Irishguy95  +   806d ago
Best overall because it's free

Xbox live is a better service
M-M  +   806d ago
@Irishguy95, Do you even know what you just said?
Snookies12  +   806d ago
Actually, having used Xbox Gold Live for about 3 years... I can safely say it's no better than PSN in terms of online quality. I've had just as many, if not more issues trying to play online with friends over Xbox than I have with my PS3.

Not bashing Xbox or anything, but this is just my experience over 3 years of playing on Live is all.
IWentBrokeForGaming  +   806d ago
it's not $60 good, thus why I haven't renewed mine in ages... yet alone signed on!

My LIVE gamer tag is Xbox360me... not even sure the last time I got on LIVE!
Apocwhen  +   806d ago
A badly needed and most welcome update. The EU store is horrible to navigate the last few weeks, with broken image links for PS+ users preventing them from easily accessing the content they are subscribed to.

Also the fact that icons are duplicated in several sub categories and you cannot tell what is in it until you go into each one separately. A real nuisance.

Now if I could only access the store from my PC so that I could purchase content while I'm away from my PC.
hkgamer  +   806d ago
to be really honest, at first glance of the screenshot I thought it was something for MS. Kinda reminds me of how all the apps/MS websites look at fullscreen using the metro thing.

Why use HTML5? is it more efficient on resources than other cding? I wonder if it will have Gaikai integration? clicking on a demo and playing straight away would be so much better than having to wait for the damn download.
I wonder what features would be available on a PSN store?
BitbyDeath  +   806d ago
"Why use HTML5?"

It's the latest web standard which supports a lot more functionality than previous versions and yes this also means overall performance improvements.
1nsomniac  +   806d ago
A little twisted journalism there....

Not technically adding new, new features as such just a typical Sony approach of releasing something already quite broken & then incrementally adding features that should be there at launch. Sounds familiar, nothing new that they don't always do anyway.

Nice PR spin though, I see there at least improving in one aspect. Either way a complete rebuild is long overdue & can't come soon enough.
#12 (Edited 806d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
JAM_brz  +   806d ago
Shows that Sony is giving special attention to consumers opinion.
DivineAssault  +   806d ago
Sony is the best hands down... Its no longer debatable.. It will take decades for Nintendo to catch up & MS just doesnt offer anything i cant find on the PC... True fanboy here
brettski  +   806d ago
I hope they add a wish list feature
sdplisken  +   806d ago
sweet, i like what i see
cedaridge  +   806d ago
Looking very Mature!!! psn: cedaridge / xbl: cedar4Thunder
BitbyDeath  +   806d ago
I wonder if this new layout is hinting at PS4 OS design.
DivineAssault  +   806d ago
i cant wait to see what theyre doing with PS4.. Honestly im happy w PS3 right now & especially with this modernized store but i REALLY want to see what theyre going to do with gaikai & nx gen
hot4play  +   806d ago
More PS2 classics please - playable on PS Vita ;)
Also, a 'Search' option on my Download List would be helpful.
Relientk77  +   806d ago
Awesome news, can't wait to see what new features we'll get
sway_z  +   806d ago
One of the best things about this current gen of consoles is the UI upgrades and refinements....you feel a sense of re-fresh...almost like a new console.....but at the expense of regular downloads/maintenance & patches.

We have a lot more in common with our PC counterparts than they'd have us believe.

Next gen think more of the same....not that I'm complaining ;)
Drainage  +   806d ago
couldnt they have just waited to release it when its complete? Theyre pretty much calling it beta
BitbyDeath  +   806d ago
Nothing is ever complete.
Also don't know about the US store but the EU store has tons of loading problems.

Example all the Starhawk Plus content had to be seperated into about 5 different folders for them to display properly.
sway_z  +   806d ago
I don't see why peeps are bothered if it's not final...at least Sony are prepared to make their customers happier....and don't we want an evolving service?

....My only concern is that the whole thing performs better than the current store.
jenniferconor22   806d ago | Spam
thawind  +   806d ago
Wow
abzdine  +   806d ago
i couldn't wish for more !
iHeartHelloKitty  +   806d ago