Comments (27)
majiebeast  +   735d ago
Does this guy ever shut up? Let your games do the talking.
#1 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(15) | Report | Reply
-Mika-  +   735d ago
I agree. His comment was really unprofessional. Im definitely don't want to support him after this.
Army_of_Darkness  +   735d ago
The man's right if you compare DMC4 to bayonetta.
Kalowest  +   735d ago
He was only speaking the truth how was "His comment really unprofessional"
SpaceDesperado  +   735d ago
this site ridicules capcom any chance they get and now you dislike when he speaks more truth about capcom?

what he did say something about sony prior to this that got your panties in a knot?

capcom sucks at developing internally this gen none of their games were satisfactory, engaging, deep in gameplay and content etc. besides street fighter 4.

the only good lead developer they had got hospitalized because of how much they abused his skills.
#1.2 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
Kalowest  +   735d ago
He does let his games do the talking, they've all been great so far.
ShaunCameron  +   735d ago
Bayonetta
Okami
Viewtiful Joe
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil 2

That's some pretty impressive talking his games have done if you ask me.
Venox2008  +   735d ago
Yea, I can add

God Hand
Vanquish

..all his games were great, unlike Capcom in this gen
Gran Touring  +   735d ago
"I heard there were a huge amount of people working on [Capcom's] Devil May Cry 4, just an enormous amount of people," Kamiya said in an interview with Edge. "Didn't help them, did it?"

wow he's really downplaying DMC4... Whether he thought the game was good or not, I'm still surprised this was said.
#2 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Aceman18  +   735d ago
you know what's funny that game blew away bayonetta in sales on both consoles. so something must have worked because bayonetta barely broke a million on PS3, and sold only in the 800k range on 360, and it supposedly has the better combat system.

im really interested to see what part 2 does on the wii U.
Kalowest  +   735d ago
"you know what's funny that game blew away bayonetta in sales"
But not in praise, creativity, and gameplay, so whats your point?
Aceman18  +   735d ago
@kalo

they both averaged in the 80s so what's your point?

bayonetta is just an enhanced version of DMC with a slutty chick in the lead, just as bad voice acting, horrible story, forgettable characters, and god awful music. its only saving grace is its combat system.

personally the game is overrated imo and i couldnt even finish the game because it annoyed me so much, and that almost never happens to me when i play a game.
ShaunCameron  +   735d ago
@ Aceman 18

Actually, DMC4 averaged in the mid 80's while B averaged in the high 80's low 90's and won four awards.
cleft5  +   735d ago
If only sales matter than CoD is the best franchise ever, since it sold 9 million units. WoW is the best mmo ever with it's 10 million player base. Oh and Diablo 3 is simply fantastic with it's record breaking PC sells. These may be good games, but I doubt any of these games is held up as the best game ever. Bayonetta, Okami, and Vanquish are amazing games with incredible gameplay. But his games lack something that the other games had, a huge marketing budget.
Aceman18  +   735d ago
@cleft

the only game that theyve made that i truly love is Okami, and i'm playing Vanquish right now which i put on hold to play borderlands 2. it's fun but nothing truly amazing.

i'll get back into it when i can.

@shaun

the pt difference, and the 4 awards mean nothing to me. its an super overrated game in my book.
Hicken  +   735d ago
Well, DMC had the power of a franchise behind it. The fourth game in the series, on HD systems for the first time; those things alone were enough to give it bigger sales than Bayonetta, which was an unknown IP, even if made by a respected developer.

How many new IPs this gen outsold, say, Halo or Uncharted? Wii and Kinect Sports?

Sales are not a definitive indicator of quality, so saying one game is better than another based purely on how many copies they sold is pointless. And, as I said, it's even LESS valid when you've got a new IP up against a highly anticipated entry in an established franchise.

Edit: By Uncharted, I meant Gran Turismo.
#2.1.6 (Edited 734d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
smashcrashbash  +   735d ago
Well seeing that DMC was better then Bayonetta I really don't see your point. It obviously helped them seeing that DMC games sold better and Dante is better loved by gamers so much so that they are ready to commit murder because Capcom changed them.Big words from developers that basically copied Dante's style to a tee only with incomprehensible story and dialogue and pointless over sexism.These several hundred developer teams you are so against made GOW, Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden some of the best series in the gaming world. So they are obviously doing something right.From the results of what happened with Bayonetta over these other games having less people didn't exactly help you either.
#3 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
maniacmayhem  +   735d ago
"a pan-continental development operation with a reported 600 people involved."

That is just insane. I agree with his comment on DMC4, I enjoyed the game but there was a definite lack of style that was seen in part 3. Also the last portion of the game where you play as Dante was truly disappointing.

Who ever made that design decision should and hopefully be fired.

I loved Bayonetta and Vanquished and I can't wait for Rising. Love this guys style and over the top action.
#4 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Ryudo9  +   735d ago
I really liked DMC4. Not the best in the series but my personal fave.
srusli  +   735d ago
And this is comin from a guy who admitted shitty workmanship/port for Bayonetta PS3.
vortis  +   735d ago
At least he's honest.

Better than standing behind crap and calling it gold.
Venox2008  +   735d ago
sega ported bayo to ps3 ..and that was a rushed port :/ (if I am not mistaken)
#6.2 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingItachi  +   735d ago
@majiebeast all his games did their talking already don't ever change Kamiya.
TongkatAli  +   735d ago
How dare anybody defend Capcom!!! They treat their devs like scum and are all about the money. I support companies that love the games first then the money.

Rushing game developing for a quick buck and treating devs and fans with no RESPECT!!!!. That is what Capcom is today.
Pillsbury1  +   735d ago
And they don't even listen to their fans at all.
TongkatAli  +   735d ago
Capcom lost its ability to make soul food.
Pillsbury1  +   735d ago
Totally agree on disc dlc and running once great series into the ground (RE).