Comments (28)
CustardTrout  +   840d ago
Nice little read, but the game market thinks we want cloud gaming and freemium!
ATi_Elite  +   840d ago
Whoa! Killer Nuns, Hot chicks, Guns, skin tight outfits!

YES this is what THIS GAMER WANTS!

(for those who were offended there's an App for that, it's called go play Pac man)
FinaLXiii  +   840d ago
I love that trailer cause it clearly gives out the classy and agressive side of the hitman series.
I thank Square Enix for not toning it down instead.

Almost looks like a rammstein music clip btw.
#2 (Edited 840d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
OmegaSlayer  +   840d ago
Totally despite violence, even fictional, on women.
This trailer totally set me off.
BlmThug  +   840d ago
Sexist much. What makes violence on men fine but violence on women despicable?
OmegaSlayer  +   840d ago
Did you really used the word sexist?
The trailer is sexist if something...not me.
I would never punch/slap a girl, I think it's pretty lame, only scum and dbags do it.
Drazz  +   840d ago
@OmegaSlayer

What if the girl was about to shoot u with an automatic weapon, would u harm her then? Or would u continue to see her as weaker than you?
#3.2 (Edited 840d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
raWfodog  +   840d ago
No real man would ever punch/slap a girl for no reason but I think a smart/sane man would knock her block off if she were trying to kill him like these 'nuns' were doing.
jamesgtaiv  +   840d ago
Omegaslayer: "Only scum and dbags hit women"

DISAGREE= 4

I don't want to live on this planet anymore
reznik_zerosum  +   840d ago
women are equal to man, shooting 9999 nazi or 9999 women in game is same for me.violence is what we are and what makes world go around,but let mediocrities dream.
FinaLXiii  +   840d ago
@OmegaSlayer You dont see many movies do you?

its just fiction have fun with it its not politics were talking about.
#3.5 (Edited 840d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
wallis  +   840d ago
Didn't like it. Hitman was about giving you a problem and letting you solve it. The joy was in perfect executions and if not then at least a half arsed sense of winging it. What I never felt about hitman was violence, explosions and sex. It tells me they don't know their target audience and that's concerning.

Not as concerning as the fact that they might be right. People respond to this crap and that's scary enough. Does anyone remember "beautifully executed"? That's a controversial advert that also captured the essence of hitman. See that's the difference between then and now - single bullet through a pillow vs. exploding hotels, sexy nuns, machine guns and violent headbutts. I'm not saying I don't like violence I'm just saying hitman already had a thing going on and it was not this whole revenge story crap with violent hand to hand combat. The movie had that and does anyone else remember how well that turned out?

God damn it hitman to me means poisoning donuts. Far removed from stormy angsty nights with rpgs and uzis.
reznik_zerosum  +   840d ago
this is a CGI trailer,gtfo
raWfodog  +   840d ago
True, that's what Hitman was originally but now he's on the run and has professionally trained assassins on his tail. They aren't going to eat the poisoned donuts :)

Besides, it did show him sneaking up behind them one-by-one until he went full hell on them. Assassins get the job done by any means necessary.
SuperLupe  +   840d ago
I liked it and i'm a long time hitman fan
Captain Qwark 9  +   840d ago
same.

i thought it was bad ass and couldnt care less he was punching sexy chicks in the face lol. its a videogame.
Grimhammer00  +   840d ago
I'm the perfect example of why this works.

I never played a hit man game nor cared to.
Now, I'm thinking about it.

Boom! Marketing!

Those who know the series are likely already interested. And I'm sure the game plays like it did before in terms of style. But, non-hitman gamers might be turned on to what looks like some badassery!

It's meant to illicit a response and get you thinking about hitman. This trailer succeeds.
SuperLupe  +   840d ago
Thank you, I cant believe so many people fail to understand that a trailer is a marketing tool. I mean what do they want ? A trailer with agent 47 hiding behind a box ?

Look at Deus Ex Human Revolution, the trailers were completely badass, if you dont know the Deus Ex series you wouldn't be able to guess its a FPS. The trailers were 100 times more spectacular than the actual game but it got gamers familiar or not with Deus Ex series excited for it.

IO/Square Enix or doing the same here. Plus it actually fits the whole Hitman atmosphere, really dont understand what the fuss is about.
#6.1 (Edited 840d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
D3mons0ul  +   840d ago
People are just complaining because 47 beat up on some women. They aren't even that outrageously dressed. They look like any other group of female assassin's in the history of mankind.

Female assassins wear tight fitting black leather and they always have.
#7 (Edited 840d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
kahjah  +   840d ago
I think there would be no issue with this trailer if there were men in it. I understand the reasoning why but I think there is enough context in the video to display why he killed them. Hitman is about stealth and killing people in cool ways and he did that in the trailer. I will agree that the whole "sexy nun" part was and is played out, gamers are a little bit more sophisticated to just put that into the trailer and have people want it.
willud4skins  +   840d ago
There has always been weird fetish sexual tones to the hitman series. I see no problem with the nuns. But if violence bugs you maybe just skip the game.

Remember it's called hitman ABSOLUTION. There's clearly going to be some religious themes here.
#9 (Edited 840d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
stubbed_out  +   840d ago
I'm all up for the violence, bring it on I say...but the women in PVC dressed as nuns...I'm not completely against it but why exactly would that make a good hit squad? Just plain silly to me.
raWfodog  +   840d ago
Welcome to the fantasy world of video games! Enjoy your stay :)
HarryB  +   840d ago
I like the more realistic story line for hitman this is a little over board with nuns. BUT sometimes you gotta man up and STFU. Its a game and I loved playing hitman. Id replay missions just to beat them certain ways.
pandehz  +   840d ago
If a girl with a gun was about to blow my brains out. I wouldnt think twice to ......

Am I sexist?
#12 (Edited 840d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Drazz  +   840d ago
An all female hit squad dressed as nuns, all equipped with military weaponry were trying to kill you. What would you do, talk it out? Or would you do what u were trained to do, kill..
mochachino  +   840d ago
I enjoyed the trailer, it was unique and kept my attention and the nun assassins were sexy. The fact that sexy nun assassins can exist in a medium makes videogames so much fun, there no limits.

Sure it's not The Great Gatsby but it's not supposed to be. Games pretty much are sports, violence or puzzles. If they were all good looking priests would people be offended probably not, and why is no one finds it sexist that half of game character are good looking males with perfect bodies.
bauer007  +   840d ago